iTunes Subscription Management
Unfortunately iTunes does not allow us to cancel subscriptions or issue refunds for payments made through them, so you will need to cancel via iTunes directly.
If you did not subscribe via iTunes, you can cancel your subscription by contacting customer service.
For more information on cancellations for non iTunes subscribers, please click here.
Cancelling your iTunes Subscription
Follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, open your Settings app and click on [your name]
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage.
If you're being charged for a subscription, but you don't see it in your list of subscriptions, it might be billed through someone other than Apple. Get help with subscriptions that aren't in your list.
- Use the options to manage your subscription. You can choose a different subscription offering, or tap Cancel Subscription to cancel your subscription. If you cancel, your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle. After clicking on Cancel Subscription you'll get a pop up message asking you to confirm that you'd like to cancel, along with the scheduled expiration date. Tap Confirm to confirm.
After you do so, you'll see that it now reads "Expires on [future expiration date]" under the app. After the subscription expires, it will then move from Active to Expired.
As stated above, we cannot give refunds to purchases made through iTunes. However, users may contact iTunes customer service to inquire about getting refunds issued. We have included instructions on how to do that here for your convenience.
- First open Mail, or the Mail app that you use with the email that links to your iPhone account.
- Search for “Your receipt from Apple”, which will include many options.
- Tap on the email that has the item you want a refund for.
- If there are too many options, try appending "Backstage" or "StarNow" into your search query.
- Once you find the email, tap on the Report a Problem link.
- You'll then be prompted to sign in with your Apple ID. Sign into your account.
- The page reads What can we help you with? Choose Request a refund from the dropdown menu provided.
- Select the reason under the Tell us more... drop down menu and then tap Next.
- Select the purchase you want refunded, and then tap Next.
- The next page has a box to Describe the Issue. Fill out the box with your explanation.
- After you're done, press the Submit button.
Note* Even if you delete the iOS app, you will still need to cancel your subscription with iTunes in order to stop recurring billing.