We offer a media player in the application manager that allows for easy viewing of an applicant's submitted audio or video media. If you choose, you can review the media while looking at other profile details as the player can be made unobtrusive. Below we will explain how the player works and how to use it to it's fullest and best capacity.
Finding The Media
If you have received submitted applications or self-tape auditions to your project where audio or video was requested, you would view them via the media player. Once you are in the Application Manager for your project, there are several ways with which to get to view the media.
If the applicants are in Grid View you could click on their application card and bring up the person's Details & Media:
If the applicants are in List View you could click on the audio or video icons (if highlighted) and bring up the person's Details & Media:
Video or Audio View
If the applicants are in Video or Audio View you could click on the Play or + icons:
Received self-tape auditions can also be viewed under the Roles & Auditions tab after clicking on the person's application card:
Using The Media Player
To play the media you can either press Play Now or the Play icon or Add To Queue or the + icon (depending on where you are).
Play Now/Play icon
If you choose either of these options you would be playing a solitary media file on a single applicant.
Add To Queue/+ icon
If you choose either of these options you would be able to set up a list of several files to play.
Once you have pressed the Add To Queue or the + icon on a particular media, it will appear in the large view as seen above. The next step would be to click this into the medium view.
Doing that will bring up the medium sized player seen below:
You can now easily add other media files to be viewed one after the other and see them in the queue.
Components Of The Media Player
Please see below for an explanation of the media player components on the large view.
- Center is the play button. The backward and forward icons on either side allow for moving to other files in the play queue.
- Volume control.
- At the top you will see the name of the applicant. Below that is the role and the name of the project. Underneath that, the type of media is noted and how many files this particular applicant has.
- The thumbs up allows you to move the applicant to the Yes folder. The thumbs down moves them to the Archived folder.
- This is where you can add a private note about the applicant.
- Here you can send the applicant a message.
- This allows you to hire and pay.
- This is where you can request an audition or callback.
- You can toggle auto-play on or off.
- Adjust your view sizes or exit the player via the X button.
Please see below for an explanation of additional components on the medium view.
- A. Here you can see which applicant is currently playing. You can use the accompanying directional arrows to move between files.
- B. The Clear All function allows you to clear the queue out after having viewed all of the files or for any other reason.
- C. This is the queue where you can see the applicants by name and number and how many items they have to view. Additionally, you can also move to different files here by clicking on another applicant's section.
The Media Player Views
As mentioned prior, there are different views to choose from.
The Large View
This is the initial view you will see when playing a file and it is front and center on your screen.
If you are not looking to do other work while viewing the reels or just prefer a larger view, this may be the mode for you. If you opt for this view and are looking to add multiple reels to the player, you can simply set it to the medium view, load up your queue, and then return to the large view to watch them.
The Medium View
This view allows you to multi-task while viewing or listening to the media. You can:
- Review video and audio files while looking at profile details
- Easily review a set of applicants' media
- Can create a queue and continue with other work
Minimize the Player
By clicking on the circle all the way to the left, you can minimize the player should you need to. This will make it shrink to the bottom left of your screen.
**Should you have trouble getting the Media Player to play, please try clearing your cookies and cache as that should solve the problem.