Job posters looking to staff productions with crew members are able to create crew specific roles and use their application manager to easily evaluate applicants.
Creating A Crew Role
When a job poster enters into the post a job workflow, they will be asked to select what type of talent is being sought. Either a single type or a combination of types of talent can be selected. If looking only for crew, then Creative Freelancers & Crew would be selected alone.
You will then be prompted to provide Project Details. Please see below for a sample.
When the time comes to add roles to the notice, you would click on Add Roles at the bottom of the screen. You will then be taken to the following page:
When you are ready to begin creating a crew role, if Creative Freelancers & Crew is selected and the + Add a Role button is pressed, you will now be able to detail what you are looking for:
- Job Title: The position being hired for
- Skills: The required/preferred skills that the candidate should possess
- Role Description: The tasks that need doing/duties that will be expected of the candidate
- Note if this is a remote/work from home opportunity or not
- Media required from applicants: Photos, video and/or audio reels, resume, and cover letter can be required from applicants
- Payment Information: Payment info can be set by specific role here
Below is what a created crew role might look like:
Evaluating Crew Applicants
Job posters can evaluate crew applicants using the tools provided in the Application Manager. As the application comes in, it will appear in the Unfiled folder.
To get a closer look at the applicant, you can click on the submission to bring up the candidate's profile:
Multiple actions can be taken in regards to the applicant:
- You can place an applicant in the Yes or No folder depending on interest (please note that when placing someone in a folder, that person is not made aware of these actions).
- You can message them to discuss the opportunity.
- You can request an audition (interview). For info on how to do that, you can find articles about Scheduling Tools and requesting various types of auditions in this section.
- You can Hire & Pay the applicant through the site, if desired, as can be seen here.