Crew profiles are here to help those working behind the camera find jobs in production. The profiles will allow you to showcase pertinent skills, work history, and links to prior work you might want to share to potential employers.
Please note that the crew profiles and jobs are currently in beta. During this period, creating a crew profile and the ability to apply to crew specific jobs is free.
***Applying to all other opportunities (acting, voiceover) requires a subscription.
Creating the Crew Profile
Crew Profiles can be created by navigating from the homepage and clicking on the For tab.
A dropdown menu will appear, from which you can select Creative Freelancers + Crew.
You will then be greeted by our landing page. Click on Join Now to create your crew profile.
You'll now be prompted to enter your email. Enter your email and click Next.
You can now enter a password for your new account.
On the next page, you'll be met with the Success! screen. Click on GO to start setting up your profile.
First you'll be asked to confirm your age. If you are of age, click No, Over 16 to confirm that you are 16 years old or older.
You will then be asked to enter your date of birth. Enter your date of birth in the following date format - Month/Day/Year (MM/DD/YYYY). Click Next when you're done.
After this, you can start filling out the basic details of your profile. This includes your full name, your professional/working title, the profile URL you want to use to share your profile, a photo, your preferred pronouns (optional), your location, and your preferred hourly rate.
***Even if you are not an actor/performer, you must upload a photo to create a profile.
Choose to set your profile to Public or Private, and then click on Create Profile when finished.
Your profile is now created!
Editing and Managing Your Crew Profile
You can now fill out the rest of your crew profile in detail.
- Switch profile -Selecting this button allows you to navigate to create an Actor & Performer Profile or a Voiceover Profile. Once you've created the other profiles, you can easily navigate to your other profiles with a click of a button! You can also change the default profile by switching to a different profile, and then clicking on Set as your default profile. The text will then update to This is your default profile.
- Profile Visibility -You can easily toggle your profile visibility from Public to Private (and vice versa) here.
- Basic Info -This is where you can edit your Basic Info section (name, professional title, URL, location, hourly rate, etc.). This is the same section you first filled out when creating your profile.
- Highlighted Media -Pictorial, video, and audio examples of your work. Please note that only the first item for each media category is highlighted here on your profile.
- About Me -Write a short introduction along with some background on yourself. This is also where you can list how many years you've worked in the industry.
- Websites/Social Media -Add any relevant links such as a personal website, a YouTube channel, press you may have received, etc.
- Roles/Skills -List the various roles you can perform and skills you possess -i.e. Art Director, Film Editor, Gaffer, etc.
- My Equipment -Where you can note if you own your own equipment & software, describing what you have to potential employers.
- Experience, Equipment & Software -You can list which tools, equipment, and software you have experience using -i.e. editing software, cameras, etc.
- Resumes & Documents -Upload your resume and any other useful documents here.
- Clients I've worked with -Showcases your employment or freelancing history and responsibilities with certain clients and companies.
- License & Passport -Note whether you are eligible to drive and travel with an active driver's license or passport.
- Projects I've worked on -List your professional credits, which speak to specific content you've had a role in creating.
- Education & Training -List your education and training -i.e. film school attended, completed courses/programs, etc.
- Union Membership -If you belong to a union, you can note your membership here.
- Representation -If you have an agent and/or manager, you can list them here along with their contact information.
The Media Tab, as its name implies, stores all your media. This includes Photos, Videos, Audio, and Resumes & Documents.
Located just beneath the Media tab you can filter your media by type using the icons pictured above.
Clicking the + sign next to headings (i.e. Photos, Videos, Audio, Resumes & Documents) will allow you to add more media.
Note that media added to your profile will appear by default on your draft applications.
Here you can add, sort, and edit your photos on your profile.
1. Clicking the + sign will allow you to add a photo already in your Media Locker or upload a new photo from your computer.
2. Clicking the pencil icon will bring up a window allowing you to edit the thumbnail image of that photo.
3. Clicking the circled X will remove the photo from your profile, but it will remain in your Media Locker.
4. Clicking on the compass arrows will allow you to drag and drop your photos to reposition them as you like.
Videos and Audio
There are two options by which to add video and/or audio to your profile. The first is to add it from the 3rd party sites YouTube or Vimeo (video) and Soundcloud (audio). The second is to do a direct media upload from your device, which requires a subscription. ***As crew profiles are currently free, the direct upload option is not recommended at this time.
Uploading from YouTube, Vimeo and SoundCloud
Please note that before using this method to add media to your profile, video and audio must be first uploaded to either YouTube or Vimeo (video) or SoundCloud (audio). They must be set to Public and allow for embedding on other sites (i.e. set to Public).
To perform the upload, click the + button next to either the Video or Audio heading to add the media. The import process is fairly straightforward and you should see the following window. To import new media, copy and paste the media URL into the import text field and click Import.
Once imported, the media will appear in the list above. Click the check box in the top left corner of the uploaded media, and then click the Add Selected Videos button and your media will be added to your profile.
Resumes & Documents
Documents are uploaded and added in the same manner as photos and direct uploads. Documents are normally hidden from other users (since they contain personal contact information). However, if you apply to a job, the poster will be able to view your documents as you do. Clicking on your document will download it to your computer.
*Note: The Highlights tab will be invisible unless you have an entry. To create your first entry, click on the 'Edit Profile' button at the top of the window.
You can use this section of your profile to share information about your career, or just about yourself in general. Add as many or as few entries as you want. You can even give each entry a date to create a timeline of your career highlights or achievements.
Click the Add a Highlight button to add a new highlight.
Once added, you can edit a highlight by clicking the pencil icon or remove a highlight by clicking the x.
A completed profile might look something like this:
Finding Crew Jobs
Once your crew profile is in order and you're ready to find and start applying to job postings, head over to our Casting Calls page to see which crew jobs are currently available. To search for crew opportunities, users only need to select Creative Freelancers & Crew to filter by that type.
Once you've done that, the Role Type will automatically filter to Staff/Crew.
You can then use any of the other filters to narrow down the search results (Location, Production Type, Union status, etc.). For more info on how to search for opportunities and save a search with the selected filters, please see here.
Applying to Crew Job Opportunities
Once you've located a posting that you are interested in, you can either click on the apply button on the right hand side to immediately start your application for that specific role, or you click on the title of the production to view the full job notice.
To apply to the job, you can either select the role you’d like from the dropdown in the upper right corner, the Roles section, or at the bottom of the page.
If a person attempts to apply to a crew specific role and they have not created the Crew Profile, they will be prompted to do so as it is necessary to have that profile created in order to apply.
Clicking on 'Create Crew Profile' will bring the person to the beginning steps that were outlined above.
Once the profile is in order and you have clicked Apply, you will be taken to the application page.
At the top of the application, you can see the required assets you must include in order to successfully apply to this job.
Required assets can include a profile, photo, video reel, audio reel, resume, and cover letter. Once all required assets are present, all the circles will have a green check mark. As shown in the screenshot above, the cover letter has not yet been added. An application cannot be submitted unless all assets are accounted for.
Saving an Application
If you want to apply to a job but can’t do so at the moment, you can choose to save your application and apply later. Click the 'Save' button at the top right of your application, right above the 'Role Details' section or at the bottom of the page.
Once you save, your application will be stored in the 'Drafts' section of your 'My Applications' in your Talent Dashboard.
Submitting Your Application
When you are finished customizing your application, scroll down to the bottom of your application page and click the 'Apply Now' button.
You will then see a 'Success!' pop up screen which confirms that you've applied.